During these uncertain and challenging times, WVCA is committed to providing information to our families who may need guidance or extra support navigating the situation surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please see below a list of resources, this list will be updated as new programs, updates, and information is available:
- Wyoming Valley Children’s Association released the 2020-2021 COVID-19 school safety plan. Please click here to read the full safety plan and new guidelines.
- NEPA Together, a website that aims to bring all of the important PA state updates and regional news regarding COVID-19 into one place – Website
- Fact sheets, resources, and press releases from the PA Department of Health – Click Here
- Updates from PA Governor Tom Wolf – Click Here
- Great Wilkes-Barre Chamber of Commerce – COVID-19 resources
- Video on COVID-19 and how to stay safe for children – View Here
- Family Service Association – COVID-19 information
- Mental Health Outline – Mental health resources are available. If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health crisis, contact the PA crisis text line by texting PA to 741-741
- Daily life and coping techniques for COVID-19 from CDC – Click Here
- For help regarding housing/shelter, food, disaster services, clothing/household items, transportation and more: dial 2-1-1 or 1-570-829-1341. Visit the 2-1-1 hotline website at http://nepa211.org/
- How to talk to children about COVID-19 – Click here for article
- Food Pantry Information – Call 2-1-1 or text your zip code to 898211
- Keystone Mission’s Emergency Food Assistance Program – Website
- 35 Creative At-Home Acititives for Families – Click Here
Have WVCA related questions? Please contact us at 570-714-1246 or at email@example.com.